|News > 2017 > Job offer - Graduate Technical Designer/Design Engineer|
Entre-Prises UK Ltd is the country’s leading artificial climbing wall manufacturer and part of a global company with offices in Europe, Asia and North America. Our UK operations are based in Kelbrook, Lancashire on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales. You would be working with a young dynamic team, dedicated to supplying the best climbing wall products in the world. The evolution of climbing into mainstream leisure and family entertainment centres represents a rapidly growing challenge within the company.
Reporting to the Clip ‘n Climb Technical Manager, you would be responsible for the continued development and improvement of our Clip ‘n Climb product range. Tasks would include technical support to other departments, design innovation and R&D projects. You would be responsible for delivering information to the Production centres for the manufacture of Clip ‘n Climb and preparing installation information required by Project Management teams.
· Support the Production department to ensure information and specifications are correct.
· Produce shop drawings for the fabrication of Clip ‘n Climb challenges and climbing walls.
· Opportunity to assist Drafters in carrying out ‘Project Studies’ and produce fabrication & installation drawings.
· Opportunity to promote engineering skills by working alongside engineers, detailing reaction forces imposed by a climbing wall and producing calculation notes and reports.
· Assist/advise with designs, proposals and quotations for issue to clients.
· Support designers rendering 3D CAD models to produce photo realistic representations.
· Opportunity to assist with on-site installations to improve knowledge.
The ideal candidate will have some, or all, of the following attributes:
Skills and general experience
· Excellent communication & collaboration.
· Must have the ability to multitask and work under own initiative.
· Must have good time management skills.
· Must be prepared to assist with other roles required by a growing manufacturing business
· Having an interest and knowledge of climbing would be an advantage.
· Due to the international nature of the work additional language skills (French, German, Spanish, Chinese) would be an advantage
The successful applicant will receive training and assistance from the existing team to help them become embedded in the climbing wall world. The position would be ideal for a candidate with a passion for outdoor activities (Climbing, MTB, running, walking). Employees have access to equipment pro deals.
The position is full time and is based at the UK head office in Kelbrook, Lancs.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Leave: 5 weeks per year plus bank holidays
Pension: 5% employer’s contribution into company pension scheme (upon successful completion of probationary period)
Salary: c22k –25k depending on skills and experience
Hours: Normal working hours 39.5 hours per week. Monday – Friday
Apply to : firstname.lastname@example.org