|News > 2013 > Entre-Prises Welcomes Yuji Hirayama|
A Legend, Yuji Hirayama joins the Entre-Prises Team and rounds out our panel of athletes with a great history of knowledge. A little background about Yuji says it all:
- Starts his climbing career at age 15 and becomes one of the top climbers in Japan as a teenager.
- Trains in America at age 17 for 6 months, moves to France at age 19 where he bases himself for 7 years to compete in international climbing competitions.
- Becomes the first Japanese climber to conquer World Cup series in 1998, and again in 2000 as No.1 World Ranker.
- A few of Yuji’s Major accomplishments include:
- One-day All-free ascent on El Capitan’s Salathe Wall in 2002
- 2004 White Zombies On-site ascent
- Two-time world record making of El Capitan’s The Nose route speed ascent in 2002 and 2008
- 2012, redpoint of a massive new multipitch 5.14d called Pogulian Do Koduduo. Read more at Dead Point Magazine
- Recently opened Japan’s largest climbing gym “Climb Park Base Camp” in Iruma, Saitama